Pharmacy School Scholarships
Pharmacy is at the heart of our business. As a pharmacy innovation company, CVS Caremark understands what an important role our pharmacists play in helping people on their path to better health. The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Pharmacy Scholarship program is our way of advancing the business of pharmacy by supporting the most promising pharmacists of tomorrow as they complete their education. The Trust has provided scholarships to a number of Pharmacy schools across the country.
Institutions in the U.S. and Puerto Rico interested in applying must have Full Accreditation Status or Candidate Accreditation Status as recognized by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Important Notes About the Application Process (please read this very carefully before submitting application)
- The following application is for organizations recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax exempt 501(c) (3) organizations. Certain public institutions, including some public colleges and universities, are not eligible for exemption under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the Code), because the institution is not a separately incorporated entity, is an integral part of the state government, and may have certain regulatory powers similar to a governmental entity. Such institutions are eligible for grants from the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust as long as grant funds are used for charitable purposes.
- A copy of the IRS Determination Letter will be required every year in order to validate that your institution continues to be a public charity.
- Please refer to this IRS letter prior to submitting the application to ensure you answer the questions properly.
- All applications to the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust must be submitted online
- The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Pharmacy Scholarship will review only one proposal per organization per year. Only completed proposals will be given consideration.
- All applications will receive an email response to verify receipt of their application if requested at the end of the application by clicking "yes..." and entering your email address.
- Students enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy are not eligible to apply online as this grant application process is for institutional use only. Students should inquire with their respective school's scholarship committee to determine the application process and timelines
After completing the application, be sure to submit your IRS determination letter to Jeanne Phaneuf: CVS Caremark Corporation One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02985