About CVS Caremark
CVS Caremark is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care. We are a pharmacy innovation company, uniquely positioned to engage plan members in behaviors that improve their health and to lower overall health care costs for health plans, plan sponsors and their members. CVS Caremark is a market leader in mail order pharmacy, retail pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, and retail clinics, and is a leading provider of Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. As one of the country's largest pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs), we provide access to a network of more than 65,000 pharmacies, including more than 7,300 CVS/pharmacy® stores that provide unparalleled service and capabilities. Our clinical offerings include our signature Pharmacy Advisor™ program as well as innovative generic step therapy and genetic benefit management programs that promote more cost effective and healthier behaviors and improve health care outcomes.
As of December 31, 2011, we employ approximately 200,000 colleagues in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We operate more than 7,327 retail stores, 30 onsite pharmacies, 31 specialty pharmacy stores, 13 specialty mail order pharmacies, four mail order pharmacies, and our CVS.com and Caremark.com websites. In addition, our MinuteClinic division runs approximately 657 retail health care clinics.
- Headquarters located in Woonsocket, R.I.
- More than $107 billion in annual revenue
- Ranked 18th on Fortune 500 for 2012
- No. 1 provider of prescriptions – more than 1 billion prescriptions filled or managed annually
- No. 1 Specialty Pharmacy
- Largest employer of Pharmacists and Nurse Practitioners
- 75 percent of the U.S. population lives within three miles of a CVS/pharmacy
- No. 1 Retail-Based Medical Center Operator
- More than 13 million MinuteClinic patient visits to date
- No. 1 Retail Loyalty Program – more than 69 million active ExtraCare customers